February 18, 2010

Walking between raindrops

IMG_4531

Finn and I have been taking advantage of those lovely hours between rainstorms. We've been walking a lot and enjoying the lush greenery, the swollen creeks and the squelchy mud. We don't talk much when we walk; my normally chatty little man gets very quiet and just looks around. And up, he loves to look up at the very tall redwoods. I imagine that he is experiencing awe and wonderment for the first time and I'm reminded to allow those emotions into my life again too.

So here, without much chatter, are some of the wonderful things we've been seeing.

IMG_4654

IMG_4558

IMG_4579

IMG_4523

IMG_3997

IMG_3739

IMG_6540

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Where was this hike with the waterfalls? I would love to know if you don't mind giving up your places. My husband and I love to hike, and waterfalls are our personal favorites to hike out to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I hope you don't mind, I have added one of your tutorials to my 100+ fat quarter tutorials post, thank you for sharing :o)
    jo
    http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2010/02/fabric-swap-100-fat-quarter-tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Fabulous Pants, the waterfalls are on private property...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama, you are brilliant. I am so happy to see these beautiful photographs this morning. I came to look at your blog and to tell you that I am linking to your color book today...i will comment on that post, about that, tho....

    ReplyDelete